Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dive LOB MV White Manta, 15-17 Aug 08

Not even 4 minutes into our last dive of the weekend, while descending towards Pinnacle 1 at Pulau Aur, i look up and sight a shark-like silhouette. I sound the horn 'cos a shark had not yet been seen on this trip and i thought the others might be interested... then i look up again and "WHOA...! Isn't that... a.... WHALE SHARK?!"

My very first Whale Shark sighting! She was at least 10-15m long! The graceful sweeps of her tail propelled it so elegantly through the water with dozens of Remoras (and an unidentified fish) in company...

45 minutes of Whale Shark company!
Lion's Mane Jellyfish (which stung me) & Batfish at Seven SkiesZebra Lionfish on Night Dive at Lang Bay
OrangUtan Crab, a new find for me at Aur (Pinang)Shrimp & Flagtail ShrimpGoby at Pinang
Highlight of the weekend (and my first ever sighting)... WHALE SHARK!Happy Divers onboard MV White Manta on the Whale Shark Weekend!



See all photos & videos from my Whale Shark weekend!

Oh... and i was stung by a Lion'sMane Jellyfish (wrapped its extremely long tentacles around my legs) but the pain and irritation of the sting paled in comparison to the Whale Shark experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

...since 14 April 2005