Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Best Job in the World"

Remember my previous post on the "Best Job in the World"?
I've just submitted my video!

Selection Process/Timeline?
2 Jan: Application opened.
22 Feb: Application closes and Tourism Queensland (TQ) will select 50 top applications.
2 Mar - 2 Apr: The 50 selected candidates will be displayed on Their Website. The 50 selected candidates will have to submit a (300-500 word) writeup to reinforce their application, and TQ will shortlist 10. Also, during this one month the public can vote for their favourite and the candidate with the most votes will get the Wild Card 11th shortlisted position.
2 Apr: The 11 candidates (top 10 selected by TQ and 1 by Wild Card) will be notified of interview selection.
3-6 May: The selected 11 will travel to Queensland for a formal interview, and participate in activites such as Team Challenges, Physical, Skill-based and Aptitude Tests.
6 May: Successful candidate will be announced.
1 Jul: "Best Job in the World" will commence.

Vote for Daniel!

...will you support Daniel?
Official IslandReefJob Video Link ...Give him 5 Stars!
Facebook Video Link ...Give him your comments!
YouTube Video Link ...if you can't view the Official Video.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you did not get shortlisted. From what I hear, you are a pretty decent person. However, I am a little upset that I ended up on your mass mail since I do not know you all that well. How I actually got on *your* mail list remains a mystery to me, but such is the nature of things.

I would appreciate that while you share your exuberance with all and sundry please at least make a cursory glance at your list to make sure that the people you are trying to reach are more or less all right with this sort of thing.

Some of us work in environments which frown upon using "business resources" for personal use.

Wed Mar 04, 01:07:00 AM  
Blogger Dank said...

I apologise for any inconveniences for having included you in my mail list. Would like you to know that I did make a deliberate effort not to "Send to All in eMail Directory"; i included those that i've dived with and previously emailed, and those who frequently recieve mails from a Lifesaving fraternity that i am a part of. Sorry you were inadvertently included in my mail.

Could i request that you email me so that i can specifically remove your email from my list? Thanx.

Wed Mar 04, 09:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

...since 14 April 2005