Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My First Marine Tank!

Having adequately conquered (on my own terms) the world of Freshwater Planted Aquaria, i decided to embark on the new quest of the Marine Aquaria (in layman terms: a salt/sea water aquarium)...

Having begun exactly a month ago with a nano (5L) tank, i upgraded to a substantially bigger tank a week later because i realised it would be chemically more stable and less susceptible to they ecosystem crashing. I'm on my way to completing a beautiful Marine Tank (in layman terms: a salt/sea water aquarium). I have slowly stabilised the tank and i'm on my way to completing a beautiful Marine Tank. It is now stocked with:
25 Litres of water, 2.5 Kg of live rock and 4 Kg of sand,
2 Anemone and 1 Button Coral group
1 Common Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris),
1 Tomato Clownfish (Premnas frenatus),
1 Yellow-Lipped Sleeper Goby (Valenciennea muralis),
1 Nudibranch (Hypselodoris bullockii 3),
1 White-Banded Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis),
1 Porcelain Anemone Crab (Neopetrolisthes oshimai).

Marine Tank: Month 1Anemone & Friends

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hav a feeling my Red Candy Pistol Shrimp will soon be food for my Six-Line. Din do enuf research. Hope the little guy survives tho.

Wed Sep 20, 03:33:00 AM  
Blogger Dank said...

I hope so too! It's a beauty!

Thanx for yet another wonderful introduction... =)

Wed Sep 20, 06:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh nicely done. More pics!!

Fri Sep 22, 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger fu onn said...

very nice
:)

Fri Oct 13, 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

...since 14 April 2005