Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Fat, and Tact

I've been trying really hard to help a friend get un-fat. However after reading yAnn's advice in "in transit" i realised that i've been trying too hard in my well-intentioned persuasions.

Here are yAnn's tips, as summarised by me, from "How to get your boyfriend to lose weight":
1. Make a bet with him - Men hate losing.
2. Be subtle - Men will take it badly if you publicly embarass him.
3. Motivate him - Exercise with him so that he doesn't feel alone.
4. Praise him - Men need explicit encouragement. Caveat: mean it when you say it.
5. Do not nag - Admit it, you hate being nagged at. Don't nag.

I have since forwarded the advice to my friend's girlfriend, hopefully we'll see favourable results soon.

Food for thought:
Trying too hard is not always good, especially in situations involving someone other than yourself. I'm sure these 5 points apply to everything involving men; try it out, let me know if you succeed.

I should mention i must learn this skill fast; really useful on a shipload of men...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh.. so nonsense.. aniwae i think it's not nice if guys are too thin.. make them v frail.. tsk..

-jen-

Wed Apr 27, 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger Dank said...

If jen knew Dank's friend, she'll know that he wasn't skinny at all.

But Dank understands what you mean... too skinny ain't nice at all.

Thu Apr 28, 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

heh *nods*

hope u're not having a hangover now.. haha take care :)

Thu Apr 28, 05:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

...since 14 April 2005